On 23 February 2022, the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe adopted the new Strategy for the Rights of the Child (2022-2027) titled "Children's Rights in Action: from continuous implementation to joint innovation". The Strategy will underpin the Council of Europe's actions related to the protection and promotion of children's rights in Europe and consists of six strategic objectives:
- freedom from violence for all boys and girls;
- equal opportunities and social inclusion for all boys and girls;
- access to safe use of technology for all children;
- child-friendly justice for all children;
- giving a voice to every child;
- Children's rights in crisis and emergency situations.
The Strategy was launced in Rome on 7-8 April 2022 at the High-level Conference “Beyond the horizon: a new era for the rights of the child”, co-organised by the Council of Europe and the current Italian Presidency of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe to involve key stakeholders in the process of implementing the Strategy over the next six years.
Here is the text of the Children's Rights in Action: from continuous implementation to joint innovation.
More information is also available here